Wednesday 9 November 2011

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - #85 – Book Lover

Challenge #85 – Book Lover

Create a project that has something to do with a book. You can make your own book, include the image of a book on your project, design a bookmark, etc.

When I saw this  challenge, I first thought of the Library Card cut from Sentimentals. As I started this project I knew I needed to spice it up a little. I love the Cricut Sentimentals cartridge, but I don't love the card that comes with this cut. Like me I know your asking yourself why would you need to make a library card and pocket for your personal books? I have one friend who could benefit from this, maybe you do too. I started thinking of alternative uses for the book card and pocket, and I thought that you could use it as a way to personalize books you give as a gift. Most of the time you would just write a note on the inside cover, but this may be a nice way to achieve the same effect. 


The pocket is the Library Card cut from Sentimentals cartridge. As I mentioned I didn't like the card that goes with this cut, so I decided to make one from Damask Decor's Tag feature. The tag is and Pocket I cut a 5". I have left the back of the tag empty for a personal note, or if you have an extensive personal library, you can use it for it's original purpose. 

6 comments:

  1. Like this idea!! Love the tag too...TFS!
    Thanks for playing along in the challenge at FCCB!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea!! I have several books that I lend out to people and this is a great way to keep track of them!! Thanks for participating in the challenge!!! Awesome job!!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. Being I taught for 33 years I often give books as gifts. I love the idea of writing on the tag to give with the book and put it in the pocket. Thanks so much for sharing with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific idea. I sometimes hate writing in the book itself so this is the perfect solution. I love the cuts - they seem perfect for this project. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea. Thanks for joining FCCB.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I think this is such a creative idea! I love seeing projects that are "outside the box" so to speak. You did a wonderful job!

    I'm a new follower and would love to have you stop over and follow!

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete